[Feature] Add option to repair armor
No votes left
Adding the option to repair armor would save time because you wouldn't have to keep collecting variety of materials for higher grade armor.
Under consideration Feature Suggestion Suggested by: KM Dave • Upvoted: 29 May • Comments: 9
well here is a thought, i got from another game(cant remember witch) but perhaps combining damaged gear together to get one item with the combined durability?
like how i can clear out a corrupted camp and get 6 void claws all 10% to 20%, so maybe take it back to base to a new workbench to add them together so instead of a bunch of almost broken items i get one item around 60% to 80%...or maybe what ever you guys are working on is better :P
Keep having to replace equipment is annoying, as you have to throw away items and make another one when it gets to low. Carrying a spare is not a good idea because of the limited inventory.
Armor and weapons! Carrying spares is neither fun, nor challenging. It's just annoying. I'd like to have a Void forge for the repair of their weapons, I don't care if I have to make a separate building.
General Rendar Merged
Yes, a repair bench would be an amazing feature.
"[Feature] Repairing Gear" (suggested by Carl on 2022-04-12), including upvotes (3) and comments (1), was merged into this suggestion.
Managing item durability is a major pain in the game. Having to disassemble/recraft items does not make much sense.
Repair bench should be a thing, it can require materials for the repair. Also gear should not be removed upon reaching 0% durability, but become disabled until repaired, or can be at least disassembled to save resources.
IMHO, the air filter suit should really only need another air tank added to it to make it work again unless it has received physical damage.
If armor is repairable, then (an option at least in Difficulty Settings) for armor to lose a massive amount of durability when you die, potentially breaking it.
Even with the recent improvement to durability, managing the quick breaking of items is a major pain. Repairing would at least help with this.